Rezim Mesir Kalap, Wartawan Diserang

Rezim Mesir Kalap, Wartawan Diserang

SUMBER: Irib

An anti-government protester pleads with Egyptian army soldiers to stop the violence on February 3, 2011 in Cairo, Egypt.

Sejumlah wartawan asing yang sedang meliput berita mengenai transformasi di Mesir, Rabu kemarin menjadi sasaran serangan kelompok pendukung Hosni Mubarak, di Kairo. Situs Inquirer Politics hari ini menyatakan, berdasarkan laporan Organisasi Jurnalis Lintas Batas sejumlah wartawan, fotografer dan kameraman yang sedang meliput perkembangan di Mesir dan bentrokan yang terjadi antara kubu pendukung dan penentang rezim Mesir di bundaran al-Tahrir menjadi sasaran pemukulan dan penganiayaan pendukung Mubarak. 

Laporan ini menambahkan bahwa seorang wartawan AFP berhasil selamat dan keluar dari lokasi penyerangan setelah ditolong oleh dua tentara. Kondisi saat ini diwarnai dengan aksi penyerangan para pendukung rezim ke arah demonstran dan wartawan.

Menurut Organisasi Jurnalis Lintas Batas aksi penyerangan terhadap wartawan adalah tindakan brutal rezim karena media massa meliput secara luas perkembangan di Mesir dan aksi demo massa menentang rezim. Nampaknya hal itu terjadi sebagai bagian dari balas dendam rezim kepada media.

Sumber yang sama menyebutkan bahwa pendukung Mubarak dalam aksi mereka menyerang wartawan BBC, Aljazeera, CNN, Alarabiya dan ABC. (IRIB/AHF/MF)

 

________________________________

Pro-Mubarak mob hunting for journalists

SOURCE: PressTV

An anti-government protester pleads with Egyptian army soldiers to stop the violence on February 3, 2011 in Cairo, Egypt.

Pro-Mubarak mob have broken into the journalists’ center in the Egyptian capital Cairo, arresting two journalists in the 10th day of revolution protests in the capital city of Cairo.

A Press TV correspondent working in the center was forced to flee the scene as he feared being arrested by government forces on Thursday, he reported in a telephone call he made to the Press TV headquarters in the Iranian capital Tehran on Thursday.

Egyptian security officials have already attempted to impose a news blackout on the massive anti-government protests, the report added.

Pro-government text messages

Meanwhile, Egyptian authorities have forced phone operators to broadcast pro-government messages, British-based operator Vodafone said Thursday.

Vodafone said the government has used such a tactic since protests began last week.

“Vodafone Group has protested to the authorities that the current situation regarding these messages is unacceptable. We have made clear that all messages should be transparent and clearly attributable to the originator,” the operator said in a statement.

Pro-government plain clothes police shot protesters in Cairo in the early hours of Thursday, killing six people.

Embattled Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak’s regime is stepping up its crackdown on media in the country.

Egypt has been widely slammed for censorship and intimidation of journalists. Some 62 rights groups in Egypt have condemned the violent crackdown in the North African country.

According to the latest United Nations report at least 300 people have been killed and thousands injured in the crisis-hit country.

_______________________

Related Stories:

Tinggalkan Balasan

Isikan data di bawah atau klik salah satu ikon untuk log in:

Logo WordPress.com

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Logout / Ubah )

Gambar Twitter

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Logout / Ubah )

Foto Facebook

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Logout / Ubah )

Foto Google+

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Logout / Ubah )

Connecting to %s

%d blogger menyukai ini: